Monday, August 19, 2013

Mommy Makeover - Week 7

If you asked me before leaving for vacation what the scale would say when I came back I most definitely would have said, "It might break after I eat all of the pierogi in Poland!" I most certainly did not expect to lose weight, but I did!!

Walking/Running. I walked and/or ran every single day while we were in Poland. Running daily was new for me and I ended up a bit sore by the third day. Walking around the city and by the lake was very nice. I especially appreciated the long walk we took after such a long drive up! I walked and ran a combination of 20 kilometers this week, not including the five hours we spent walking around the Wroclaw Zoo! Holy Moly, I have even impressed myself!

Strength Training/Ab work out.  I only did the Strength Training once this week, but I think I did enough additional walking and running that it is okay. This next week I would really like to work on some training exercises that will either help alleviate shin splints, or something that will make it less likely for me to get shin splints in the first place.

Food diary. As I predicted, my food diary was pierogi filled! I also snacked a lot more this past week. It was vacation though, so I think an ice cream or two and a little bit of chocolate is acceptable.

Weigh in. I was so afraid of what the scale would say when I got back from  Road Trip to Wroclaw 2013, that I immediately weighed myself when we walked in the door (what a freak!). I was beyond happy to see that not only did I not gain weight over vacation, but that I had lost a full kilo! Woot woot! As of this morning's weigh in, I have lost 1.7 kg (3.74 lb) this last week! For a grand total of 5.2 kg (11.44 lb). Slowly, but surely the baby weight is coming off and I am starting to feel so much better about myself, my body, and my eating habits.

Healthy snacks. This week I would really like to try and make almond butter. I haven't even looked up a recipe yet, but I think I might just try throwing a bunch of almonds into the food processor. Maybe it will be that simple?!


No comments:

Post a Comment