Sunday, May 19, 2013

More Teething Tips

The teething process is just that, a process. So far we are going on two weeks of irritable, cranky, gum hurting baby. I wish these teeth would just pop through already! At our pediatrician's appointment on Friday we discovered that Alexa actually has FIVE teeth all trying to come in at the same time. FIVE! As if getting one tooth at a time isn't bad enough, she has to try and be an overachiever and get five at once! Well, this officially put me on the hunt for something to soothe her gums and help those teeth pop through. In Terrible, Horrible, Rotten, Evil Teething I talked about some different things that we had tried using as teethers...here are some new things that we have tried:

Bibs - Who knew that bibs not only caught the drool from teething, but also work as an awesome teether!
Carrots - Carrots are cold, hard, and AWESOME for soothing little teething gums. (I'm also hoping that they will help "encourage" the teeth to pop through!)



I have also bought some teething tablets (Osanit) and gum numbing gel (Dentinox). So far, I don't really think that the Dentinox works very well, but Alexa seems to like the Osanit teething tablets.




2 comments:

  1. Hi how did you buy the Osanit tablets? I can't seem to get them online and they work wonders for my little man and I really don't want them to run out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from the pharmacy here in Austria. You don't need a prescription, but the pharmacy is the only place to buy such things. I would check your local pharmacy, hopefully they have it or can order it for you. The only place I found where you can buy it online is here: http://www.apotheke.de/osanit-globuli-zuckerfrei-p-143321.html
      Good luck and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete