Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sunday Funday: Mess Free Painting

Sunday Funday has definitely taken on a new meaning since I've become a mom. They used to be crazy days of drinking wine and hanging out with friends. Now, I drink decaf coffee and hang out with my little bean. This past Sunday was a long kind of day. Do you ever have those? Where the day just seems to stretch out and bedtime seems like it's a dream away. Well, we needed to get creative because our usual playing with toys and family snuggling just weren't cutting it.

Get Artsy. While Alexa was down for her nap, I prepped a fun mess free art activity that I could leave up for her to find when she woke up. I decided to try out mess free painting, a cool idea I found at Laughing Kids Learn. All you need is a ziplock bag, paints and some tape.



Next time I think I'll tape down all four sides of the bag. My little bean is VERY curious and nearly pulled our mess free painting down.


I'm pretty sure I had just as much fun playing with this as she did. Alexa is very into "dotting" everything from crayons to paintbrushes. Once she saw me making dots she joined in and we made an entire dot picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment