Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Postpartum Belly

I went clothes shopping today for like the tenth time since having Alexa. Each and every time I go shopping for myself I start off really excited to find some new things to wear, within ten minutes of actually walking around the store I become totally discouraged and upset. This inevitably leads to me hating shopping and leaving with nothing. I am a stress eater so then I go home and eat some chocolate, candy, cake, frosting....basic crap food that is even worse for my super out of shape, working to get back to my before baby body. 

Anyhow, today I found a few things that fit AND look good!! Double score! However, some things that I bought and expected to fit I can't even get anywhere near buttoning. I am specifically struggling with pants. I need some jeans man! I cannot wear my maternity jeans forever! My brother said that I should take advantage of this time in my life and wear sweatpants everywhere. I just might have to do that.

I came home from shopping and this article, Postpartum Baby Bellies, was in my email inbox from Baby Center. The timing could not have been better!

It made me realize that every belly is different and every woman takes however much time they need to lose the baby weight and that i need to accept my belly how it is right now.  I think that eventually I will come to love my post baby belly, I just need a little more time.

9 months up, 9 months down, right?



3 1/2 months postpartum


No comments:

Post a Comment