Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

As you know, I've been on a crazy healthy cooking kick for quite a while now. I love finding recipes online and tweaking them to fit what I'm looking for (or what's in my fridge). Well, last week I tried my hand at making up my own muffin recipe. I was shocked and amazed that the muffins actually came out looking like muffins...even better, they tasted DELICIOUS!! They are even Alexa approved!

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

Ingredients:
3 mashed bananas
2 heaping Tablespoons butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
2 heaping Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup whole wheat flour (Dinkelvollkorn mehl)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 180C. Using a large bowl and a spoon (no mixer needed!), mix the ingredients in the order listed. Once all ingredients are well mixed, use a tablespoon to fill the muffin trays...11/2 Tablespoons of batter per muffin. Reduce oven temp to 175C and bake for 15-20 minutes. Makes 10 muffins.
*I used silicon baking trays. Baking time may need to be adjusted for other types of muffin pans.


No comments:

Post a Comment