Monday, September 30, 2013

Mommy Makeover - Week 12

Wow, I can't believe I've been rocking my mommy makeover for 12 weeks now! I feel like that is such a long time, but it seems to have gone by very quickly (if not a little painfully!).

This past week was pretty cool. I started Power Plates and a Mommy & Me Fitness Class.

Power Plates was definitely not what I was expecting. I expected to do a variety of normal exercises, bicep curls, squats, leg lifts, etc. just on the vibrating plate. This, however, was totally incorrect. I don't even know if I can explain what I actually did...toe touches, holding a push up position with a ball between my legs, and like a crab maneuver were just a few of the things I did. It was about 20 minutes of random positions and maneuvers all done on a vibrating plate. And it hurt! One very cool part about Power Plates was that at the end you get a power plate massage! I thought that was pretty cool. Apparently that's how they cool down your muscles after the work out. I'm not so sure I'll be continuing with Power Plates. I gave it a try, but I'm just not sure it is for me.

The Mommy & Me Fitness Class was amazing! I am a big fat chicken, so I was basically hyperventilating as I was walking into Hummelhofbad, where the class was held. It was really cool to meet other moms with babies the same age as Alexa. It was even cooler to see Alexa interact with these babies. She immediately became BFF's with this 8 1/2 month old little girl. They shared toys and binkies, stole toys and smacked each other around a little bit...laughing all the while. It was seriously adorable. I was sweating within the first two minutes of class. 1. The fitness room was really warm, 2. we strapped the kids to our stomachs with this crazy fitness belt and 3. aerobics is hot and sweaty to begin with! Yeah, having a 16 pound mini furnace strapped to your stomach while doing all kinds of aerobic exercises is a work out and a half! I loved it. Muscles that I didn't even know I had were burning! I can't wait until our next class.

Now, down to some serious business...the weigh in!
This week I didn't gain or lose anything. I guess I'm going to have to bump up the action again. Maintaining weight is good, but losing weight is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment