Sunday, June 8, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day is June 8th this year in Austria. I had such an amazing idea of what to make with Alexa for her Papa, but since I wasn't paying attention to the calendar, I ran out of time. I might hold out on this idea for his birthday, Christmas, or Father's Day 2015. In a crunch, I trolled the internet looking for ideas.

Pinterest was not nearly as inspiring as it usually is. Most of the great ideas took too much time, needed too many supplies, or needed supplies that I just don't have access to. I kept thinking, then finally came up with the idea to take pictures of Alexa and Photoshop something into them. After sleeping on that idea, I decided it was kind of cheesy, but I could adapt my idea and a few ideas that I had found online.

I cut out some cardboard letters to spell "Papa" and then went to work trying to get a fidgety Alexa to participate in my photo shoot. The photo shoot did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. I was able to take six pictures before my toddler bailed. I was hoping for a miracle when I uploaded them onto the computer. What I got was the most perfect display of my child. I cannot wait to get it framed and see Michael's reaction on Sunday when he opens it!


What did you make with your kid's for Father's Day? Do you do something special to celebrate each year?

No comments:

Post a Comment